Tinker Camp™ Quick Facts
Tinker Camp is Portland's premier summer camp for 3rd
- 8th graders. We know that discovery and experimentation includes making
mistakes, so we allow kids to be creative, courageous and tenacious in
the face of those challenges. And hopefully in the process we can create
a life-long love for problem-solving and experimentation.
Quick Facts About Tinker Camp:
- Four week-long summer sessions. Three for elementary school and one
for Middle schoolers.
- Four weeks, starting the first Monday after Independence day.
- The Tinker day starts at 8:00am and ends at 3:00pm.
- Three sessions are for children aged 8-12 (who will be going into
3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th in the coming school year).
- The fourth session is for middle schoolers who will be in 6, 7th,
or 8th grade at the beginning of the coming school year
- The cost for the camp is $300 per child, inclusive of materials.
- When we moved to full day camps, we discontinued before and after
- We offer scholarships, waivers and financial assistance.
- Children should bring a lunch or snack.
- There is a maximum of 20 spots available for each session (sorry).
- Children (based on ability) may be instructed on the proper use of
power tools, and sharp cutting tools.
- Children will be allowed to use other hand tools, like saws, drills,
- All children will have great time!