Tinker Camp is Portland's premier camp for kids
aged 8 to 12. We know that discovery and experimentation includes
making mistakes, but so often trial and error aren't a part of our
modern classroom. Schools often miss teaching the value of problem
solving, and kids are inadvertently taught to internalize failure.
That's what Tinker Camp is all about, help kids find the joy in
success and failure, and hopefully in the process, create
a life-long love for problem-solving and experimentation in every
Quick Facts About Tinker Camp:
- Three week-long summer sessions in 2012.
- July 8-12, 15-19 and 22-26
- Sessions are for children aged 8-12 (who will be going into
3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th in 2013/2014 school year).
- The cost for the camp is $125 per child plus a $25 materials
- Kids may come at 8:00 and leave at 1:00 for a $25 fee.
- We offer scholarships, waivers and financial assistance.
- Children should bring a lunch or snack.
- There is a maximum of 20 spots available for each session (sorry).
- Children (based on ability) may be instructed on the proper
use of power tools, and sharp cutting tools.
- Children will be allowed to use other hand tools, like saws,
- All children will have great time!