Tinker Camp is Portland's premier summer camp
for 3rd - 8th graders. We know that discovery and experimentation
includes making mistakes, but so often trial and error aren't a
part of our modern classroom. Schools often miss teaching the value
of problem solving, and kids are inadvertently taught to internalize
failure. At Tinker Camp, we help kids find joy in success and
failure, and hopefully in the process, create a life-long love for
problem-solving and experimentation.
Quick Facts About Tinker Camp:
- Four week-long summer sessions in 2014.
- July 7 through August 2nd
- Sessions are for children aged 8-12 (who will be going into
3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th in 2014/2015 school year).
- The fourth session is for middle schoolers who will be in 6,
7th, or 8th grade at the beginning og the 2014/2015 school year
- The cost for the camp is $125 per child plus a $25 materials
- Kids may come at 8:00 and leave at 1:00 for a $25 fee.
- We offer scholarships, waivers and financial assistance.
- Children should bring a lunch or snack.
- There is a maximum of 20 spots available for each session (sorry).
- Children (based on ability) may be instructed on the proper
use of power tools, and sharp cutting tools.
- Children will be allowed to use other hand tools, like saws,
- All children will have great time!